STA

The Roman Catholic Community of Saint Thomas Aquinas & Holy Family. Two churches - Joining as ONE Family - Together in Love. www.stthomasaquinaschurch.org

Saturday, July 08, 2006

It's Summertime!!

Happy Summer!!

To quote a childhood song that used to play every morning while we vacationed at Policecamp -- "Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer -- those days of soda and pretzels and beer!!! "

Summer started at STA with our parish Unity Day in celebration of the Feast day of Corpus Christi was a wonderful, SPIRITFILLED and FUN day for all who attended!!! :-) The prayer, music, talks and food were all inspiring!! Great way to begin the summer!!!

May this time of summer enable all of us to appreciate the beautiful world that we live in!

A Summer Psalm of Freedom by Fr. Ed Hays

O God of all seasons, it's summer -- the season I dreamed about throughout winters long, dreary days.
Now is the time of leisure, time to be out-of-doors-and-walls.
But so often I feel like an over-civilized child of this century of convenience and comfort.

Six months ago, it was snow and ice that screened me in form earth's delights.
Now it's a television screen that too often massages my mind, weary from work, that screens me in from shaman summer's healing touch.

And even if I flick that dead-window off and go outside on the porch, I'm still screened in or carefully protected, lest bugs and flies disturb my comfort by bringing nature far too close.

Grant me, O never-tiring Miracle Worker, the freedom of my childhood to run and play with abandon, without thought of comfort, bugs or flies, in summer's great vacationland.

Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home